I've never been one to do the whole costume thing at Halloween.


But I do like to add a little touch of something - like part of a costume


a wig, makeup, jewelry - something to add a little fun...


but a whole costume?.... not my style...







This year I'm seriously thinking of rockin' some Halloween head decor...


there is some seriously cute stuff out there...


The top hats are very chic


kind of Steam Punk


kind of Vampire-esque


a little funereal...




its all about the embellishments...




they had these goggles at Rogers Gardens this year


I thought they were cool, but couldn't figure out how to use them...


Wish I had snagged a pair - adds a definite Steam Punk vibe to this hat










I actually purchased a couple of these full size top hats a year or so ago - thinking they'd look


great on my life sized skeletons - but never thought to embellish them...







and these don't need to be on a head, they are decoration on their own...




LOVE this Raven decoration









and I love it when all this frill and lace and feathers and flowers


is offset by something a little creepy - perfect Halloween vibe




and the spiderweb veil adds that too...





It seems with the top hat the way to go is over the top on embellishments...


and I love that for sheer decorating purposes, but...







I think I'd be more comfortable wearing the smaller top hat headbands, like these...












They are especially adorable on kids!!









(I can't wait for granddaughters...)







Next to top hats, I'd have to go with the glammed up witch's hat headband...














(I'm a little creeped out by the spider...)








so cute!  perfect for a party hostess!













No ugly witches around here...













kids rock these too, by the way...




































Oh my gosh.... LOVE this one...













I really like this little 40's style hat/headband







and along that same style/era of the veiled cap


how about one with legs???














or leathery wings....?




if you are a little batty, best not draw attention....







This crow has a lot of embellishment - wish I could see it on an actual person to see it if looks as crazy as I think it will...







I really like the idea of this googly eye caplet...


but I think it needs a little more embellishment and a veil..


then it would be really cute..




and I love this squashed pumpkin hat




but I'd have to add something to dress it up a little...


tulle, netting, glittered leaves?  What do you think?




Just had to add this cute spider ribbon clip...


I have no idea how to make this, but I think I heard 


you wrap wet ribbon around wooden dowels and dry them in a warm oven???


Does that sound right?











At any rate, I'm going to try to make a few of these...


they are so cute!  And just enough of a Halloween touch to 


get away with NOT wearing a costume.








All images Etsy and Pinterest






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top